Worksite injuries: Understanding Labor Law § 241(6)Construction injuries and fatalities are on the rise in New York, highlighting the significant dangers these workers face every day.
These accidents are frequently caused by owners and contractors who violate the safety laws and rules that apply to construction work. This frequently happens when safety shortcuts are taken to meet a deadline or increase profits.
Labor Law 241(6) is one of the laws New York has in place to protect construction workers. Under this law, if an owner or contractor’s violation of the Industrial Code caused an accident, they can be held responsible for the resulting injuries.
The Industrial Code sets out safety rules that protect workers. If you have been injured at a construction site, having lawyers who are familiar with the Industrial Code should be a top priority. At Bonina and Bonina we have been representing injured workers for over 50 years, and we have a long history of successfully holding owners and contractors responsible for accidents caused by Industrial Code violations, including:

  • Unsafe scaffolds
  • Unsafe ladders
  • Falling objects
  • Failure to provide safety equipment
  • Trip and fall accidents due to debris or materials in the walkway at worksites
  • Failing to provide the right equipment for the job
  • Providing unsafe or defective equipment
  • Inadequate training or failure to follow safety protocols.

New York’s Labor Law 241(6) provides injured workers with rights and remedies beyond workers’ compensation. Injured workers may sue the party that owns a worksite and the general contractor regardless of whether the worker is employed by another contractor or is an independent contractor.
At Bonina and Bonina, P.C., we have been successfully fighting for injured New York workers for over 50 years. Our attorneys have the knowledge, experience and determination to hold negligent owners and contractors responsible, and to get the maximum compensation for your injuries. Contact us today at 1-888-MedLaw1 (888-633-5291) or online so we can help you. The consultation is free.]]>