Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents

A car accident can have a significant impact on your life. You may be confused and have many questions. While a car accident attorney is the best source for answering your questions, here are some common questions asked by car accident victims.


What Should I Do After a Car Accident?

If you’ve been involved in a car accident, your first steps can have an important impact on any claim you may have. Make sure you call 911 so that police can come to the scene. Get a copy of the police report or the number of the report. Take pictures of the property damage, injuries, and the surrounding area. Collect the insurance information from the other driver. Get the information from any possible eyewitnesses. The most important thing you can do is to seek medical attention.


What Documentation Will My Attorney Need?

There is some basic information your attorney will need in order to help you pursue a claim. You will need the name and contact information of the parties involved in the accident. You will also need insurance information. Any pictures you took of the scene, as well as information about any witnesses, will also be helpful. Any insurance information will be crucial.


What if I was in a Hit and Run Accident?

You may be very angry and confused if you were struck by a hit and run driver. It’s still important that you call the police and give them any information you can. If you have uninsured motorist coverage as part of your insurance policy, you should still be able to file a claim for your injuries.


What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Car Insurance? 

If the other driver was uninsured, you might feel like you’re out of luck when it comes to compensation for your injuries. However, if you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, you can pursue compensation.


Should I Give a Recorded Statement to an Insurance Company?

Your insurance company or the insurance company of the other driver will likely ask you to provide a recorded statement. You are not required to do so, and you may want to consult with a personal injury attorney first.


Should I Consult With an Attorney?

If you’ve been injured in a car accident, one of the smartest things you can do is consult with an attorney who can make sure you are properly compensated for your injuries. At Bonina & Bonina, P.C., we have over 50 years of experience helping car accident victims. Contact us online or call us at 1-888-MEDLAW1 to schedule your free consultation. Home and hospital visits are available. Se habla español.